Past The Pandemic : Sekhon Family Office & Rockefeller Family Office Pitches Global Luxury Development Projects
- It may seem like a bad time to pitch a series of luxury lifestyle development projects around the world.
- But SFO & SixRock Group — a Rockefeller family-led real estate services firm — believes the global coronavirus crisis has created opportunity for low-cost land and construction deals.
- They have partnered with Miami-based Brands Lab International to make a push into high-end, branded real estate.
- The allaince are looking to enlist investors and developers to build golf courses, resorts, residences, and mixed-use developments. Their target is global: the U.S., Europe, the Carribean, the Middle East, Vietnam, and eventually China.
- Estimated development costs or interested investors cannot be disclosed.
- The partners are looking past the coronavirus crisis. We want to be ready for any opportunity that comes, to be “ideally set up for when things do come back. If it was a building boom, we would be fighting for resources or labor.
- In the U.S., the alliance is considering a project in North Carolina and focusing on the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, including Florida.
- Due to the golf course glut in the U.S., golf would be incorporated into a health and wellness resort project. The allaince plans to use wellness standards from New York startup Delos and focus on energy-efficient projects. Steven Rockefeller III — a son of Steven Rockefeller Jr., — is a Delos stakeholder. The company sells a “Well” certification that developers, employers and hotel operators can publicly display in their lobbies and promotional materials.
- Rockefeller Jr. is on the board of advisers for Bobby Jones Links, an Atlanta-based golf and country club management company. They have consulted on the design and development of a number of courses, including the Shinnecock Hills Golf Club restoration on Long Island.
- Brands Lab International, led by CEO Florian Haffa, is also working with Diesel in Miami’s Wynwood neighborhood to build a branded condo building and working with the Martha Stewart brand to develop projects across the country.
Past The Pandemic : Sekhon Family Office & Rockefeller Family Office Pitches Global Luxury… was originally published in Investment Goals on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.