- Begging is a international problem. Many of us in our society are involved with begging willingly or unwillingly. Begging can be eradicated from the society through improving socio-economic condition of these beggars and establishing their human dignity.
- In order to create opportunities for those who want to quit begging and return to normal life, Sekhon Family Office (SFO) has initiated a project to rehabilitate the beggars through SFO Foundation.
- This project has started its full-fledged activities with a view to donating one-time grant money among beggars and involving them in income-generating activities and gradually including them into social safety net programs, offered by public and private institutes, and involving them into ‘Ultra Poor Scheme’ and thus bringing them back to mainstream in the society.
- SFO has formulated a scheme “SMILE - Support for Marginalized Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise”, which includes a sub-scheme - ‘Central Sector Scheme for Comprehensive Rehabilitation of persons engaged in the act of Begging’.
- The component of comprehensive rehabilitation of persons engaged in the act of begging under the above scheme provides for survey, identification, mobilization, rescue and shelter Home and comprehensive resettlement of beggars through educating, skilling and counselling to get in to decent jobs and lead normal life in the society.
This scheme covers several comprehensive measures including welfare measures for persons who are engaged in the act of begging. The focus of the scheme is extensively on rehabilitation, provision of medical facilities, counseling, basic documentation, education, skill development, economic linkages and so on. Persons engaged in the act of Begging are to be covered under the scheme. Scheme is to be implemented on Pan-World basis.
We are the Foundation Of Sekhon Family Office that is raising funds for the beggars of the world.
DONATE HERE As Much As You Can Today.
SEKHON FAMILY FOUNDATION - FEED LOVE TO SPREAD LOVE